Knives made to customers' preferences. To submit an order for a custom knife, please fill out the form in Custom Field.
Ready-made knives of popular types and sizes, as well as new and experimental work. Stock knives will be available periodically in Online Store or through KKF forum. Please fill Stock Knives Inquiry in Surveys Field. This brief survey will allow me to make knives close to buyers' preferences without them being full custom knives.
There will be a price difference between Custom and Stock knives, however, both lines will be made to the same level of quality and workmanship and both lines are sole authorship knives - I do all of the work (detailed below) myself.
The Production Process
• Heat treating to 62-63RC for best combination of edge stability and wear resistance (8-Step process, takes between 5-6 hours to complete)
• Testing for hardness (RC) on a Wilson Rockwell hardness tester
• Final Geometry by hand on water stones
• Testing for cutting performance (sharpness, food release, edge stability)
• Hand-finishing a blade to 800 grit finish
• Hand sharpening
• Handle - shaped free hand, finished and buffed
• Wooden sheath (saya) - hand-carved for exact fit, shaped free hand and finished with a protective coat